Captain Sim C-130 Paint

Kalidor

Hi guys,

So, I've spotted a CS C-130 sporting the Alaska Adventures livery and couldn't find it in the download library.

On the schedule at CYXY there are a couple of flights on the Herc that I'd like to do...do we still have the livery hiding anywhere or should I just use the default ones.

Cheers

Kal

AKA2232.png

10 hours ago, Kalidor said:

So, I've spotted a CS C-130 sporting the Alaska Adventures livery and couldn't find it in the download library. .do we still have the livery hiding anywhere or should I just use the default ones.

AKA has two cargo liveries: one original for earlier C-130s and one new one for new C-130J.  The original looks PRETTY!! I am sure @flyalaskahas repaints for you.  Important tip for you if you are using FSX, you have to change wording in texture.cfg folder for C-130J repaint in the new repaint as it is geared for P3D, not FSX.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 1

AKA1808.pngawards_sig.png

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Kalidor said:

Hi guys,

So, I've spotted a CS C-130 sporting the Alaska Adventures livery and couldn't find it in the download library.

On the schedule at CYXY there are a couple of flights on the Herc that I'd like to do...do we still have the livery hiding anywhere or should I just use the default ones.

Cheers

Kal

What sim are you using?

AKA100.png

55 minutes ago, flyalaska said:

What sim are you using?

FSX: Steam Edition.

On a rickity old i5 crate that as seen better days. 😅

AKA2232.png

3 hours ago, Kalidor said:

FSX: Steam Edition.

then for the newer C-130J, you need to change words in texture.cfg in the new AKA repaint to get accepted by FSX because AKA painted this for P3D. The original retro AKA repaint should work well without any modifications for C-130A to C-130E for FSX use.

Regards,

Aharon

On 4/8/2021 at 11:59 PM, Aharon Dayan-AKA1808 said:

then for the newer C-130J, you need to change words in texture.cfg in the new AKA repaint to get accepted by FSX because AKA painted this for P3D. The original retro AKA repaint should work well without any modifications for C-130A to C-130E for FSX use.

Regards,

Aharon

Okay I get you, so where do I get the retro one?

Kal

AKA2232.png

@Kalidor,

I got retro repaint from AKA CEO @flyalaska Eddie.  Ask him and he will send it to you

Here is exclusive flight report from me using C-130 with retro repaint:

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice Lockheed C-130E flight from PAFA Fairbanks International Airport located three miles southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks, Alaska to CYDA Dawson City Airport located 8 nautical miles east of Dawson City, Yukon, Canada.

CYDA Dawson City airport is TOTALLY impossible to land UNLESS all of you tell me that Microsoft built that airport in wrong way for FSX.

Airborne on climb to FL190 after my first Captain Sims C-130 take off from PAFA runway 02L for my first payware C-130 flight

da2.jpg

Still climbing

da3.jpg

Now cruising at FL190

da4.jpg

Beautiful three color tone winter sky

da5.jpg

da6.jpg

Here is my new office!! (yeah four red lights in overhead panel is making me nervous)

da7.jpg

da8.jpg

On final runway approach to runway 03 for SECOND attempt to land on that airport which turns out to be totally impossible to land on EITHER side of runway!!

da10.jpg

Yeah little dive is required to make successful landing on that extremely difficult airport

da11.jpg

da12.jpg

Seconds before touchdown

da13.jpg

TOUCHDOWN

da14.jpg

Braking down (good thing that C-130 has outstanding extremely short runway performance since I had landed in middle of runway)

da15.jpg

Parked with marvelous view of winter sky

da9.jpg

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Regards,

Aharon