Missing Function From New AKA Forums

@flyalaska,

Good afternoon.  Editing function necessary to correct misspelling errors, grammar errors, and any kind of typo errors seem to be missing from the new AKA forums. Please see what you can do about that.

Thanks,

Aharon

AKA1808.png

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, flyalaska said:

Its there. Click the ... top right of your post, than click Edit.

Before you gave me this answer seen above, I did that many times and it just produced bubble window offering me choice of report or share. Maybe the editing function is disabled in the Whitehorse Hub subforum??  I could not edit my post there.

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon Dayan-AKA1808

AKA1808.png

• Administrators

I have it set in admin that everyone's usergroup can edit there post. I created an account to see for myself.  On my non admin user I have the edit option.

If you still dont see the edit option, PM me your login info so I can see for myself.

edit.png

AKA100.png

@flyalaska,

Thanks   It is not worth the trouble for you to try to fix.

I think I know the main cause of this problem.  I think the AKA forums set time limit for anyone to be allowed to edit their posts to correct their errors.  After the time limit expires such as for example 5 hour limit to have edit function after creation of a post meaning that after 5 hours, a post will lose edit option.  It is common for other forums of other websites.  I have discovered right here on the AKAK forums that I could edit any new posts but not any post made 24 hours ago or older.

For your own amusement, try to find any of your posts from one week ago and try to edit it. You will see it does not have edit option but you can see edit option for any new post that you make such as seen in example of your self testing to see if you can edit your post NOT realizing you can edit any new posts but you cannot edit older posts after time limit expires such as 5 hour or one week or so on.  That is my theory. See if you can find settings in AKA forums that deactivate time limit for editing posts.

Regards,

Aharon

AKA1808.png

• Administrators

This is worth the trouble. The edit time was set to 5 minutes. I have changed it to unlimited. Refresh and see if that works.

AKA100.png

1 minute ago, flyalaska said:

This is worth the trouble. The edit time was set to 5 minutes. I have changed it to unlimited. Refresh and see if that works.

BINGO BINGO BINGO BINGO  BINGO My theory is CORRECT!!!   Now it is working!!

You are lucky to have me as AKA pilot who used to be director of computer department for 24 years

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

How about rewarding me by allowing free flights for C-130s??   HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Regards,

Aharon

AKA1808.png

• Administrators

That setting was set to upto 5 minutes. Funny thing only the main group had that issue. Thank you for pointing that out.

AKA100.png

19 hours ago, flyalaska said:

That setting was set to up to 5 minutes. Thank you for pointing that out.

@flyalaska,

No need to thank me.  We should be thanking you for resuming free flight service for CYZF Yellowknife to restore AKA back to 90 percent of old glory years.

Only resuming free flights of C-130s will be completely restoring AKA back to 100 percent of old glory years of AKA

Regards,

Aharon

AKA1808.png