Good morning! Looking forward to seeing you all in the Northern Skies!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Colin. I live in Arlington VA, and I'm 32 years old. I've played flight sims since I was pretty young and I've been an aviation enthusiast all my life. My first sim was FS98, though I've also had FS2000, FSX, XP11, and now MSFS2020. I've also dabbled in DCS and space sims like Elite: Dangerous.

My most ambitious project I've undertaken was an RTW in the Carenado PC-12 with REP in XP11, and I'm looking forward to cutting my teeth on some even more realistic stuff with AKA on FS2020, though seeing that there's support for the Aero Commander might get me to boot XP11 back up as that plane is also a favorite of mine.

Thanks for reading! See you all out there.

Edited by ColinMannes
47 minutes ago, ColinMannes said:

My first sim was FS98, though I've also had FS2000, FSX, XP11, and now MSFS2020. I've also dabbled in DCS

That is pretty impressive!!!  Welcome to AKA!!  I think you will be much happier in XP-11 or FSX because MS2020 does not have local Alaskan airports as much as you can find in either FSX or XP-11.

Regards,

Aharon

AKA1808.png

34 minutes ago, Aharon Dayan-AKA1808 said:

I think you will be much happier in XP-11 or FSX

Hmm I suspect you might be right, it's very easy to feel spoiled by the enhanced graphics of FS2020. I do have a lot of money invested in payware addons though, so I should go back to get my money's worth. Does it make a difference to the VA which sim I'm using?

On 10/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, ColinMannes said:

Hmm I suspect you might be right, it's very easy to feel spoiled by the enhanced graphics of FS2020. I do have a lot of money invested in payware addons though, so I should go back to get my money's worth. Does it make a difference to the VA which sim I'm using?

Well  it does not make difference for your VA participation as long as you are not using tours.  If you want to use tours, you might want to use FSX or XP-11 because many tours have local Alaskan airports that you will not find in MS2020.  Before you fly via tours or regular scheduled flights on MS2020 for the AKA virtual airline, please just for precaution check FIRST on the AKA forums, AKA Facebook group, and AKA Discord group for all the posts informing AKA pilots about certain local Alaskan airports that are not available on MS2020.

Regards,

Aharon

AKA1808.png

Good Morning Everyone,

My name is  Dave Gillespie (akflyin). I am 58 years old and live in Anchorage Ak. I have been flight simming since 1985. I grew up on all the flightsim platforms since. I have spent most of my life in Alaska, in places like Cold Bay, Dillingham, King Salmon, Kodiak, and Ketchikan. I am a retired Coast Guard C-130 Flight Engineer. ( Man, do I miss that)and have been to places like Dutch harbor Adak, St Paul, Sitka, Juneau...etc.

In my flight simming past, I was a member of the Virtual Coast Guard and have ben involved in group muli-player flights throughout Alaska. I mostly fly in Alaska, both in Bush flying as well as some Zibo 737 schedules. I utilize both xplane as well as FS2020. I am looking for some flight simmers who have a common interest in flying in Alaska ( Think I found it ;0). I would be most interested in multiplayer flying as a group to various Alaska Destinations in voice chat and enjoying each others company and passion in exploring the beauty of Alaska. I used to fly in VATSIM, but has been so long ago, I suspect the technology has changed ( but can learn again) 

I have signed up and look forward to learning more about this unique group of Aviators ;0)..Thanks for reading.     

1 hour ago, Akflyin said:

I am a retired Coast Guard C-130 Flight Engineer.

That is pretty very impressive!!!!!!!  And pure fun career. Any interesting rescue action abroad C-130????

I have spent most of my life in Alaska, in places like Cold Bay, Dillingham, King Salmon, Kodiak, and Ketchikan. I am a retired Coast Guard C-130 Flight Engineer. ( Man, do I miss that)and have been to places like Dutch harbor Adak, St Paul, Sitka, Juneau...etc.

You can recreate your real life experience flights via whatever your flight sim is such as FSX or XP11 or P3D or MS2020

I used to fly in VATSIM, but has been so long ago, I suspect the technology has changed ( but can learn again)

The only thing change is the new software Pilot Client V2 that replaces Sqwarkbox 4.0 or FSINN. Pilot Client V2 is much smoother and much bug FREE for Vatsim flying!!

And welcome to AKA

And of course I agree with you on need for Vatsim events!

Regards,

Aharon

AKA1808.png

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Akflyin said:

Good Morning Everyone,

My name is  Dave Gillespie (akflyin). I am 58 years old and live in Anchorage Ak. I have been flight simming since 1985. I grew up on all the flightsim platforms since. I have spent most of my life in Alaska, in places like Cold Bay, Dillingham, King Salmon, Kodiak, and Ketchikan. I am a retired Coast Guard C-130 Flight Engineer. ( Man, do I miss that)and have been to places like Dutch harbor Adak, St Paul, Sitka, Juneau...etc.

In my flight simming past, I was a member of the Virtual Coast Guard and have ben involved in group muli-player flights throughout Alaska. I mostly fly in Alaska, both in Bush flying as well as some Zibo 737 schedules. I utilize both xplane as well as FS2020. I am looking for some flight simmers who have a common interest in flying in Alaska ( Think I found it ;0). I would be most interested in multiplayer flying as a group to various Alaska Destinations in voice chat and enjoying each others company and passion in exploring the beauty of Alaska. I used to fly in VATSIM, but has been so long ago, I suspect the technology has changed ( but can learn again) 

I have signed up and look forward to learning more about this unique group of Aviators ;0)..Thanks for reading.     

I am in the middle of adding a multiplayer option to share with multiple virtual airlines.

AKA100.png

20 hours ago, Aharon Dayan-AKA1808 said:

The only thing change is the new software Pilot Client V2 that replaces Sqwarkbox 4.0 or FSINN

How does it compare to vPilot? I'm still new to VATSIM but I like that vPilot and xPilot are basically the same since I go back and forth.

EDIT: I'm dumb. I think you were referring to vPilot.

Edited by ColinMannes