ACARS doesn't connect to MSFS 2020

Hey All,

I'm new to the group, been trying to get smartCARS to connect to MSFS but it keeps telling me that it's unable to connect. Does anyone have an tips for this?

thank you

• Administrators
6 hours ago, JB2113 said:

Hey All,

I'm new to the group, been trying to get smartCARS to connect to MSFS but it keeps telling me that it's unable to connect. Does anyone have an tips for this?

thank you

You will need FSUIPC 7. From what I heard is that FSUIPC is killing framerates. Waaiting for updates there. MSFS2020 has not been kind to Alaska. Lot of our small airfields dont show up in the search. I havent actually tried to  fly a acars flight yet. Hopefully someone who has can jump in.

AKA100.png

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JB2113 said:

Thanks for the reply, I have FSUIPC installed and it works for another add on that I was testing out. I'm guessing you just manually file the PIREP?

I dont use MSFS2020 since its missing alot of Alaska Airports. I would use your previous sim until these bugs are fixed.

AKA100.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 9:48 PM, JB2113 said:

I'm guessing you just manually file the PIREP?

Just chiming in I installed smartCARS and FSUIPC7 last night and was able to get MSFS2020 to work just fine. I didn't have my FPS counter up but it didn't seem any slower to me. I filed my PIREPS in the app. I did two flights. One with BlueBox and one with smartCARS. BlueBox seemed a little stuttery - something kept weirdly pausing my sim and while I can't definitely state it was bluebox, it was the only variable I had to change to solve the issue.